Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Yes, cornbread made in your bread machine. recipe comes from Meals for You.
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup water (110 degrees)
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 3 1⁄3 cups bread flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup canned whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Transfer to bread machine pan.
- Makes a 2 pound loaf.
- Medium crust.
- When finished, remove from pan and let set for 30 minutes.
- Store in air tight container.
I really like cornbread and I really like my bread machine. This was a perfect marrage!! I really like this bread. I've pre packaged the dry ingredients and can now have cornbread simply by adding the yogurt, water, butter, corn and yeast. Thanks Barb.
I don't know if I did something wrong, but this didn't turn out for me. It was like a gummy rock. Everyone else seemed to like it..so maybe I made a mistake...I will try it again sometime.
We enjoyed this bread -- and so easy to make. I used thawed frozen corn instead of canned and I had to add about an extra 1/2 cup of so of flour to the dough. We will definitely be making this again. Thanks for posting.