Recipe by Crazycook in PA
Great flavored pizza crust made with whole wheat flour. This recipe calls for ingredients that everyone probably has available. It's slightly thick and is very easy to make. Depending on the weather, more flour or more water maybe needed at the start of the kneading cycle.
Top Review by Midwest Mama
I really loved this crust. I accidentally cooked it too long though, and it ended up a little crunchier crust than I would have liked (could have been because I cooked it on a pizza stone). I also added a teaspoon of Italian Seasoning to the ingredients. I will definitely make this again, but will cook it less time.
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ingredients as specified for your bread machine. Use the "dough" cycle.
- When bread machine is finished, punch down dough and let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Spread dough on a 14 inch round pizza pan, prick with fork and bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Remove crust and top with your favorite toppings and continue to bake for approximately 20 minutes.