Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Great flavored pizza crust made with whole wheat flour. This recipe calls for ingredients that everyone probably has available. It's slightly thick and is very easy to make. Depending on the weather, more flour or more water maybe needed at the start of the kneading cycle.
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place ingredients as specified for your bread machine. Use the "dough" cycle.
- When bread machine is finished, punch down dough and let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Spread dough on a 14 inch round pizza pan, prick with fork and bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Remove crust and top with your favorite toppings and continue to bake for approximately 20 minutes.
I really loved this crust. I accidentally cooked it too long though, and it ended up a little crunchier crust than I would have liked (could have been because I cooked it on a pizza stone). I also added a teaspoon of Italian Seasoning to the ingredients. I will definitely make this again, but will cook it less time.
Great crust! This was just as easy as a mix, and tastes great. My eight year old daughter said it was the best pizza she ever had. We like ours thinner, so I adjusted the temp and cooking time a bit.
Super good ... The texture of this dough was very nice. My kids and hubby like it and didn't even mind that it was all whole wheat. It baked up crispy on the outside yet chewy on the inside. YUM! I think next time I will add the Italian Seasoning like Midwest Mama suggested but it was great without it. Definitely will be making it again! Thanks for posting!