Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A nice loaf of white bread-I make one every other day. The onion soup mix is a nice option for a savory loaf.
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons shortening or 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix, for hassle free onion bread (optional)
- Place all ingredients in the Bread Machine Bowl except yeast, which you place in the yeast hopper.
- Press start and walk away until it beeps, which will be 4 hours.
Excellent loaf. I used bread flour and when using bread flour, you need to reduce the yeast. My loaf over-flowith. It did get bigger than it was supposed to, but it was very good. Very easy, really does only take 5 minutes. 5 stars!
Made a loaf yesterday, its an easy recipe, I substituted 2 eggs for some of the water and got a nice high loaf
Excellent bread. I added some chopped jalapeno chilis. Try it!