Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Made these on the fourth of July for family, thought we might use them for sandwiches. We ended us serving them alone, and everyone loved them. They are sturdy enough to slice in half and serve sandwiches on.
- 354.88 ml warm water
- 29.58 ml butter (melted) or 29.58 ml margarine (melted)
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 1.23 ml vanilla
- 1 egg white
- 44.37 ml nonfat dry milk powder
- 974.75 ml flour
- 118.29 ml wheat flour
- 7.39 ml salt
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 14.78 ml yeast
- Add all the ingredients in the order your bread machine calls for.
- Set machine to "dough" setting.
- Allow dough to finish cycle and rise to triple the original size.
- Remove risen dough from machine and punch down.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- Pull off pieces of dough and form into balls.
- Place on the greased cookie sheet a couple of inches apart.
- Cover with a damp towel in a warm place and allow at least double in size.
- Baste with tepid water once while rising and cover back up with damp towel to finish rising.
- Bake at 350 for 18-24 minutes depending on roll size. Rolls should be lightly browned on top.
- Baste with melted butter or margarine or olive oil right after removing from oven (not listed in ingredients above).
- Allow to cool and serve.
family liked this, used bread machine, quick and easy. used only 2 Tblsp sugar.
Love this recipe! I made fewer, larger rolls for my husbands lunches. Will be making these again!