Recipe by andypandy
This bread is very good with any buffet, or with Black Forest Ham and cheese. Easy and tasty..
Top Review by duonyte
I am not a real fan of limpa bread in general, but I thought this was good. The use of all-purpose and rye flour ensures a tender crumb, since there is less gluten than in bread flour. The bread is very aromatic.
- 1 1⁄8 cups warm water
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anise seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 1⁄2 oranges, zest of
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Follow bread machine instructions.
- I alway watch the bread kneading and mixing, when its in a nice soft round ball, you know that the water to flour is correct.
- If its not nice and round but floppy it needs more flour.
- If its too hard and dry or mixer is having a hard time, it needs more water.
- After cycle ends, remove and cool on rack.
- Allow to cool 1 hour before slicing.