1/2 Photos of Bread Machine Spinach Feta Twist
2 hrs 55 mins
From the bread machine list on Yahoo.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (Feta with sun dried tomatoes or herbs are good also)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour or 3 3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 10 ounces fresh spinach (See Note)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 garlic clove, Minced fine
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup kalamata olive, sliced
- 1Measure ingredients in to pan in the order typed. Select Dough cycle.
- 2Meanwhile make the filling. Wash spinach, shaking off excess water. Remove stems. Wilt in microwave, uncovered, at High temp for 2 or 3 minutes, stirring at half time. Squeeze out excess moisture and allow to cool. (if you use frozen make sure it is the chopped spinach).
- 3In a medium size bowl, gently mix together the spinach, butter, garlic, parmesan cheese and oregano.
- 4Remove dough onto a lightly floured surface, cover with a towel and let rise for 10 to 15 minutes. Roll out to a 18 X 15" rectangle.
- 5Spread filling mixture on dough to within 1/2" of the edges. Sprinkle with Feta cheese and the olives. Starting at long side, Tightly roll up like a jellyroll. Pinch seams to seal. Cut in half length wise with scissors to prevent crushing. Twist the sides together with the filling facing up -- Like twisting 2 strands of rope. Keeping the filling side up place in a Prepared tube pan. (lightly greased pan).
- 6Cover and allow to rise in a warm draft free area for 46 to 60 minutes. Or till about double in size. Brush with egg wash then sprinkle the parmesan cheese on it.
- 7Bake in a preheated oven 375°F for 45 to 55 minutes or until the bread sounds hollow when tapped on bottom.
- 8Note: To use frozen chopped spinach drain real well and pat dry on paper towels.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Machine Spinach Feta Twist
Serving Size: 1 (1361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2650.7
- Calories from Fat 667
- Total Fat 74.2 g
- Saturated Fat 38.9 g
- Cholesterol 376.4 mg
- Sodium 2878.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 387.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.5 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 106.9 g