Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a twist on your normal bread.
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lecithin powder
- 3 cups spelt flour (white)
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Bake on normal or basic cycle.
- Mine uses a total of 2 1/2 hours to mix, let rise & bake.
- Original recipe yield: 1 -1 1/2 pound loaf.
This is a Great Recipe, thanks. I made my second loaf today. I have a zojirushi bbcc-x20. I made a few changes and my second loaf came out very nice. I left out the milk, can't have it. I left out the Lecithin, I will add it in the future, I just don't have any. I added 1 pack of stevia to the honey, I like a little sweeter bread and I added 1/8 teaspoon Vitamin C Crystals. (this helps the yeast work in a short cycle) I used regular yeast and I used the Quick setting (2 hours and 18 minutes), The bread came out nice and high, very light. the crust is not as dark as I would like. Next time I will use the dark crust setting. This is an up date. On my third loaf I did as above but added 1/4 C Dry fruit and 1 Tsp. cinnamon and used the dark crust setting. WOW! Came out perfect. Thanks so much for this recipe.
I tried this last weekend and have now made 5 loaves. I love it, as I can no longer have wheat flour. Tastes so good and it great with grilled cheese! Thanks for sharing.