Recipe by beauty21585
My husband and I chose not to eat wheat much, and we were given a bread machine for a wedding present. So we searched for a good rice bread recipe. I found this one. I have tried it a handful of times and each time it comes out very well. So I thought I'd share. This bread is very moist and dense. Like most rice breads it does not rise as much as wheat bread. So if you try it and it does not rise above half of the pan do not worry. This recipe was also a find because we had friends and family who were sensitive to wheat. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup milk (I use skim, but have used soy and it worked well too)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice flour
- 2⁄3 cup brown rice flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons xanthan gum or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons guar gum
- 2 teaspoons fast rising yeast or 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Put all wet ingredients right into the bread machine baking pan according to your bread machine manual. Liquids first.(I put them in in the order listed).
- 2. Once the wet ingredients are in the pan start with the dry ingredients. When putting the flour in try to spread the flour around so that it covers all of the liquids underneath.
- 3 Once the flour is spread, put in the yeast.
- 4 Use a Basic bread setting. Medium Crust color. Makes a 2lb loaf.