Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
An easy way to make a moist and delicious banana bread.
- 3 medium bananas (very ripe)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces applesauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (or other spice, I used Chai spice)
- Squish or chop the bananas. I found putting them into a ziploc bag and smooshing them works best.
- Add rest of ingredients.
- Set bread machine to quick bread.
- Watch as it mixes to ensure all flour is mixed inches.
- If you have the ability to allow it to mix, turn it off and then go to bake only cycle, do that to keep the dough from getting overworked.
- Bake for 1 hour and test for doneness. Add 10-20 if a toothpick inserted does not come out clean.
- Obviously this will not come out a large loaf like regular bread, but it is a nice sized banana bread.