Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a time saving recipe that yields light, fluffy buns that are delicious as a side for soups, chilis or dinner.
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon bread machine yeast
- 1 egg, plus
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3 3⁄4 cups flour
- Layer ingredients in bread machine according to manufacturer's instructions. Select the dough cycle.
- When the cycle is complete, roll out dough.
- Cut dough into 2 1/2 inch circles.
- Fold the dough circles in half and seal the edges.
- Let rise on an ungreased cookie sheet for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- If desired, melted butter can be brushed on the tops to make the buns shiny.
Wow! these are the best little bread rolls that I have ever made they were so light inside mine in the past have been very heavy and not to pleasant to eat, but these were amazing. I used butter for the shortening and every thing else was as the recipe said I did feel they could of done with a bit more salt but I am bad for having too much salt so I think that is just my taste. I am so chuffed with myself for having made such a good job of them, I served them with your leftover mashed potato soup and both were yummy. Thank you for posting. Made for PAC Spring 2011.