1/2 Photos of Bread Machine Naan
1 hr 5 mins
A traditional naan recipe adapted for the Bread Machine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In the mixing bowl of your bread machine, combine warm milk (about 80F) with yeast, butter and half of the sugar- set aside for 5 minutes.
- 2On a piece of waxed paper sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
- 3Add to bread machine bowl.
- 4Add olive oil, second half of sugar, yogurt and egg.
- 5Set the bread machine to the dough setting and let it run through the cycle.
- 6When the bread machine has almost finished the dough cycle, pre-heat your oven to 500 degrees F.
- 7If you have a baking stone, place it in the top rack of the oven to preheat as well.
- 8Take dough out and separate it into six equal sections.
- 9Using a rolling pin or your hands, flatten dough out to ovals about 1/3 inch thick.
- 10When oven has pre-heated, place rounds on pre-heated stone or heavy baking sheet.
- 11Bake on top shelf of the oven for 90 seconds; the naan should start to puff.
- 12Switch the oven from bake to broil for an additional minute or until the top starts to brown.
- 13When brown on top, remove from oven and cover with a towel while you finish baking the remaining loaves.
- 14You can brush the naan with butter before serving if desired.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Machine Naan
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.4
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 36.5 mg
- Sodium 508.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 11.9 g