Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This bread has an outstanding texture and flavor- it's so good for you too! I love being able to use my breadmaker. What a wonderful machine...
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup rye flour
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting.
- Select desired crust color and 2 lb. loaf size if available.
I made this exactly as written, and while the bread cooked nicely and had a good texture, it seemed to be lacking in flavor compared to other multigrain recipes I've tried. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good enough for me to want to make it again.
Delicious bread for breakfast ! toasted with butter, thank you very much !