This is from the Gold Medal company. It's a convenience for those who need a steady supply of white bread. Yield is six 1 1/2 lb. loaves or 4 2 lb. loaves.
- Stir together all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Store in a tightly covered container in a cool place.
- To make a 1 1/2 lb loaf: Use 3 cups mix, 1 1/4 cup water, 2 tbl. softened butter and 1 1/4 teaspoons bread machine yeast.
- To make a 2 lb. loaf: Use 4 1/3 cups mix, 1 1/3 cup water, 2 tbl. softened butter and 1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast.
- Whichever one you are making, place the ingredients in your machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select a Basic or White Bread cycle, with a medium or light crust.
- When done, remove from machine and cool on rack.
This is super-fantastic! I pulled out that bread machine this morning after I tagged you in Newest Zaar Tag and I have the 3rd loaf mixing up right now. Just a hint - the 1 1/4 tsp of bread machine yeast is completely equivalent to an envelope so for the 1 1/2 lb loaf you need just one envelope. Also since I don't use dry milk that often I bought a box of envelopes - the 1 cup needed is equal to one envelope! Thank you for a great recipe!
Perfect timing for me. Fall is here and so is the daily ritual of making bread. Although I love the rustic breads, hubby likes the traditional white for his sandwich. Now I can make his loaf one day and mine the next. Made a batch this morning to have on hand for next week. I store in a large container in the fridge. As always your bread recipes shine. Thank you
This recipe is perfect for me, we can have a loaf of fresh bread everyday and I dont have to worry about having so much mixing to do. The bread rising beautifully and tastes just like the bread I used to take hours to make. Very convenient. Thank you!