Recipe by KitchenManiac
This is a really simple and mouth watering Challah. The bread machine saves heaps of washing up time. It makes a 1.5 pound loaf.
Top Review by stellacarina02_1829701
This recipe is amazing! I used whole wheat flour and did need to add a little more water as it mixed in the machine, but probably not much more than an ounce. Very pleased with the results!
- 208.19 ml water (Note -- There's an error with this line, should be 7/8 cup water)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml honey
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 946.36 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml active dry yeast
- milk, for brushing on the top (optional)
- sesame seeds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ingredients into the bread machine in that order or in the order specified by your bread machine.
- Set the machine to DOUGH cycle, and start.
- Remove dough from machine after FIRST rise.
- Divide dough into three equal pieces.
- Braid the dough, starting from the middle and tucking the ends under.
- Place in a 9x5 inch greased loaf pan.
- Brush it with some milk, and add some sesame seeds.
- Allow to rise till doubled in size (about an hour).
- Bake at 350F for 35-45 minutes.
- Bread is done when crust is golden brown, and hollow.