This is a really simple and mouth watering Challah. The bread machine saves heaps of washing up time. It makes a 1.5 pound loaf.
- Place ingredients into the bread machine in that order or in the order specified by your bread machine.
- Set the machine to DOUGH cycle, and start.
- Remove dough from machine after FIRST rise.
- Divide dough into three equal pieces.
- Braid the dough, starting from the middle and tucking the ends under.
- Place in a 9x5 inch greased loaf pan.
- Brush it with some milk, and add some sesame seeds.
- Allow to rise till doubled in size (about an hour).
- Bake at 350F for 35-45 minutes.
- Bread is done when crust is golden brown, and hollow.
This recipe is amazing! I used whole wheat flour and did need to add a little more water as it mixed in the machine, but probably not much more than an ounce. Very pleased with the results!
This was very good, we used it instead of our usual challah because it calls for 2 eggs instead of 6. It isn't quite the same, but it is a good substitute if you aren't up for using 6 eggs. Subtly sweet and great texture. Thanks!
There seems to be an error, maybe in the transition from recipezaar to food.com, but the amount of water shows as 1 7/8 cups (WRONG) instead of 7/8 cups (RIGHT) - which is why the previous commenter may have failed. Request for correction was submitted.