Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Bread Machine Digest. Do not use regular pectin, which requires more sugar than the machine can handle. Recipe makes jelly if you use fruit juice or jam if you use fruit; 'zaar wouldn't let me clearly identify EITHER juice or fruit.
- 3 cups fruit juice (any kind will do but 100% fruit juice was recommended)
- 1 lb fresh fruit, washed and diced
- 1 (1 ounce) box pectin (must be either low or no sugar)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- Select whether you are making jelly (use fruit juice) or jam (use fruit). Don't use both.
- Place ingredients in the bread machine pan. Select the jam/ jelly cycle and press start.
- When machine is complete, pour into jars, cool, and store in fridge.
I was craving some grape jelly and my local store was out so I found this recipe and I won't be running out for awhile! This was really easy to make and I used Sun-Rype 100% Grape Juice. The only problem I have is that it isn't quite as thick as I like my jelly to be so next time I may have to play with the recipe a bit. Thanks for posting - until I saw this I didn't even 'notice' the setting on my bread machine! Made for PAC Spring 2008.