1/3 Photos of Bread Machine Italian Bread (Baked in Oven)
2 hrs 25 mins
If you reside in the U.S. then you might want to use *all* bread flour, Canadian residents use half bread and half all-purpose flour, you can make two smaller loaves or make one large loaf or the dough may also be shaped into 18-20 rolls, you may use up to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt. Prep time includes 1 hour rising time, since every bread machine dough cycle time is different, the prep time is only estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups water (110 degrees F)
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 2 cups white bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (can use up to 1-1/2 teaspoons)
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dry yeast (you could just use a small package of yeast which is 2-1/4 teaspoons instead of the 2-1/2 teaspoons)
- 1Place the water, flours, olive oil, salt, sugar and yeast in the bread pan in order recommended by the manufacturer.
- 2Place into the bread machine and set to dough cycle; press start.
- 3When the cycle has finished deflate the dough and remove to a lightly floured surface.
- 4Divide the dough evenly in half (or you may leave in one large piece).
- 5Cover the dough with a clean tea towel and let rest for 4-5 minutes.
- 6Roll up the dough, shape into two loaves, then seal the seam.
- 7Place the loaves spaced well apart seam-side down on a 15 x 10-inch baking sheet that has been generously sprinkled with cornmeal.
- 8Cover with a clean tea towel and let rise for about 40 minutes to 1 hour (be careful not to over rise your dough or it will deflate when brushing with the egg mixture and will taste yeasty after baked).
- 9In a small bowl whisk together egg with water.
- 10Brush the egg mixture gently over the loaves.
- 11Make one long fast slit down the middle of the dough using a very sharp small knife or a razor blade.
- 12Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- 13Immediately remove the loaves to a wooden cutting board (if the loaves stick to the pan gently place a spatula underneath loaves to loosen).
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Machine Italian Bread (Baked in Oven)
Serving Size: 1 (931 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1060.8
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 70.6 mg
- Sodium 1208.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 208.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 31.1 g