Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I can't remember where I got this recipe from but it's a nice easy bread to make.
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Set up according to your bread machine directions.
- Makes a one and a half pound loaf.
I love finding a good new bread recipe. This one is a winner. Very tasty loaf that slices easily. It makes great toast! I will be making this one a lot.
Bread that mixed up ok was fine - but nothing special. Half of it was a dry clump of flour. I actually thought for a second I didn't put yeast in because the part that baked properly was sunken. Not very impressive and I'm not interested enough to troubleshoot the problems.
This bread was Fantastic! It has wonderful texture and taste. My family asked me to make it again the next day. This one will go in my favorite's cookbook!