Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A very good bread machine bread. This recipe makes a one pound loaf.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups white bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fast rise yeast or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Add ingredients in the order recommended by your bread machine.
- Select white bread cycle.
- Can also be made with rapid or delayed cycles.
Based on other reviewer's comments, I doubled the honey to 2 tablespoons. After the dough cycle completed, I took it out of the machine and let it rise for about 25 minutes in an 8 inch loaf pan and then baked it at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes. It is a great bread that I will make again.
Good bread. Easy. Made as per recipe. Used for sandwich bread and just eaten plain as well.
One of the easiest and best of breads we have done.