Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A very good bread machine bread. This recipe makes a one pound loaf.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups white bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fast rise yeast or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Add ingredients in the order recommended by your bread machine.
- Select white bread cycle.
- Can also be made with rapid or delayed cycles.
Based on other reviewer's comments, I doubled the honey to 2 tablespoons. After the dough cycle completed, I took it out of the machine and let it rise for about 25 minutes in an 8 inch loaf pan and then baked it at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes. It is a great bread that I will make again.
One of the easiest and best of breads we have done.
Holy moly...The best bread I've ever made!! I put in less salt (1/2 tsp instead of 1 tsp). It was golden and DE-LICIOUS! My 4 year old kept wanting more and more bread, and my 10 month old ate all the little bread nibblets I broke for him. That bread was on its last third in less than 5 minutes out of the bread machine. Will make again!