Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a really good, hearty honey wheat bread recipe It makes a 2 lb loaf
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread machine flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast, or
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons bread machine yeast, or
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons fast-rising active dry yeast
- Put in ingredients in the order according to your bread machine instructions.
This was a really nice loaf of bread. It had a nice soft texture to the loaf too. I used the active yeast and it worked fine in the bread machine. Made for Healthy Choices tag game in Cooking Games with Friends forum. Thanks for a good recipe to keep!