A bread machine makes these scrumptious rolls almost effortless. The rolls have a yummy honey buttery taste. One batch is never enough!
- 1 cup lukewarm milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 large egg white
- additional honey (optional)
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer.
- Select dough setting, making sure to check dough after 5 minutes and adding water or flour if needed.
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Punch down; cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide into 24 pieces; shape each into a ball. Place 12 balls each in two greased glass 8 inch square baking pans.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- For glaze, combine sugar, butter, honey, and egg white; drizzle over dough.
- Bake at 350° for 18-24 minutes or until golden brown. (Every oven is different so check earlier rather than later to prevent over browning).
- Brush with additional honey if desired.