Bread Machine Hamburger Buns
- Add ingredients according to bread machine instructions and set on dough cycle.
- When complete, shape into balls and flatten to about 3/4 inch thick.
- Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet (or use a silicone mat and skip the grease).
- Cover with a damp towel and place in a warm place to rise for about an hour.
- Optional: Once they have risen, brush tops with melted butter/margarine or egg wash (1 egg white and 1 tablespoon water).
- *important* Place them in a COLD oven. Set to 300 degrees. When the oven indicates that it's up to temperature, turn the oven up to 400 degrees. Set the timer for 15 min and watch closely. It's done in about 10 min in my oven. The buns should be JUST set.