Recipe by MsTeechur
I was looking for something interesting to try in my new bread machine and found this. It smells amazing and makes fantastic french toast!
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 1⁄3 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Put ingredients into bread machine in order listed, except the raisins. Leave those aside.
- Set machine for 2 pound loaf, white bread, light crust.
- Add raisins when the machine tells you to. (It should beep -- if it starts talking to you, you've got some real problems.).
- Note: I used dried fruits not just raisins and found they added a little too much moisture because I soaked them. During the second rise I added a little more flour until the dough no longer stuck to the side of the pan.