Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was given lots of five star reviews on the Nestle website. Easily made in the bread machine on the dough cycle.
- 44.37 ml soft butter or 44.37 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml warm water
- 78.07 ml dry carnation instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 44.37 ml granulated sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml dried rosemary
- 709.77 ml bread flour
- 7.08 g package active dry yeast
- 1 large egg white
- 29.58 ml water
- PLACE all ingredients except egg white and water in bread machine pan in order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Set machine on Dough cycle; press start. GREASE baking sheet lightly.
- Remove dough from machine when cycle is finished.
- On lightly floured surface, divide into twelve equal pieces; shape into balls. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Cover with a damp cloth; allow to rise in warm place for about 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- PREHEAT oven to 350°.
- Combine egg white and water in small bowl; lightly brush over top of rolls.
- BAKE for 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
Made these for dinner tonight , thought they would go great with spaghetti and they did.
I made a couple of slight changes to the recipe , first I didn't use my bread machine ,did them by hand.I left out the Rosmary and we love the flavor of garlic and I didn't think 1 teaspoon garlic powder would be enough for us so I used 1 tablespoon ,you could tast the garlic but the flavor wasn't at all overbearing. I got 9 medium size roll's .Thanks for a good recipe ~Wilma~
I'll have to try this again. I let the dough rise too long.
I made these on 3/30/09 to go with Recipe#297706 and they went with the stew so well.The amounts of rosemary and garlic were "right on the money" ( Make Mental Note To Self: DO NOT use rapid rise yeast, will result in "Paul Bunyun " size rolls :) ) This recipe will be made again.Thanks for posting and, "Keep Smiling :)