Recipe by Marie
This was given lots of five star reviews on the Nestle website. Easily made in the bread machine on the dough cycle.
Top Review by Chef Grammaw
Made these for dinner tonight , thought they would go great with spaghetti and they did.
I made a couple of slight changes to the recipe , first I didn't use my bread machine ,did them by hand.I left out the Rosmary and we love the flavor of garlic and I didn't think 1 teaspoon garlic powder would be enough for us so I used 1 tablespoon ,you could tast the garlic but the flavor wasn't at all overbearing. I got 9 medium size roll's .Thanks for a good recipe ~Wilma~
- 3 tablespoons soft butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup warm water
- 1⁄3 cup dry carnation instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- PLACE all ingredients except egg white and water in bread machine pan in order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Set machine on Dough cycle; press start. GREASE baking sheet lightly.
- Remove dough from machine when cycle is finished.
- On lightly floured surface, divide into twelve equal pieces; shape into balls. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Cover with a damp cloth; allow to rise in warm place for about 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- PREHEAT oven to 350°.
- Combine egg white and water in small bowl; lightly brush over top of rolls.
- BAKE for 15 minutes or until light golden brown.