Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From a book called Bread by Christine Ingram, not tried it yet but sounds yummy produces a 11/2 lb loaf
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 7 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups white bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh basil, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon easy blend dried yeast
- Add ingredients in order as specified by your bread machine instructions.
- basic/normal setting.
- medium crust.
Hello, I need advice about my revisions to the recipe, which created a lumpy dense unsavory bread. I used 1 cp bread flour, 3 cps whole wheat flour, added 5tsp water, 3tsp ww flour, used dried basil instead of fresh, and omitted the oats. I know this was a bad move but I would like comments about using whole wheat flour in the bread machine. Thanks!