1/9 Photos of Bread Machine Fruit Loaf
3 hrs 32 mins
3 hrs 22 mins
Sassy Syrah's Note:
This came from my bread machine recipe book. I have made it a number of times and it comes out lovely. Fantastic as a breakfast toasted and buttered! Yum! I have altered the recipe slightly so that it is compatible with all of you. An Australian tablespoon = 4 tsp (20ml), so I have converted all measurements to teaspoons to avoid confusion. If you have a sweet bread cycle I'd recommend using that, but otherwise I'm pretty sure ordinary would work fine. I have frozen slices in plastic bags, so I always have some on hand if I get a craving. Nutella makes a good spread for this.
My Private Note
750 g ...
Units: US | Metric
- 270 ml water
- 6 teaspoons butter or 6 teaspoons oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 6 teaspoons brown sugar
- 450 g white bread flour (3 cups)
- 6 teaspoons powdered milk
- 3 teaspoons ground mixed spice
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1/2 cup mixed dried fruit (I use sultanas and raisins, but you could use commercial mixed fruit or currants)
- 1Put all of the ingredients except the fruit in the order recommended by your manufacturer.
- 2If you have a nuts dispenser place the fruit in there.
- 3Otherwise add the fruit when the 2nd knead has 8 minutes to go.
- 4If using the glaze, combine glaze ingredients in a small saucepan over a heat until the sugar and gelatine has dissolved.
- 5Use the pause function if you have one, at fifteen minutes into the baking cycle, brush glaze over loaf.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Machine Fruit Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (1261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3023.9
- Calories from Fat 526
- Total Fat 58.5 g
- Saturated Fat 25.5 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 4021.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 645.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 85.0 g
- Sugars 34.1 g
- Protein 74.3 g