Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs 24 mins
A light bread that can be made however you want to flavor it. Use your imagination, and even plain it is a good French bread. Makes a one pound loaf
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Add the ingredients to the bread machine per your bread machine instructions.
- Use the French Bread cycle, medium crust, and 1 pound loaf.
- Remove when done and cool before slicing.
What can I say but WOW. Had it with spaghetti and meatballs. Wouldn't change a thing. Very flavorable crusty bread. Thanks for the great recipe. A keeper.
This smelled so good baking and went perfect with the oven-baked Chicken Parmesan that I made for dinner. It'd also rock as a dough to make mini-hoagies for meatball sandwiches.
This bread has a fantastic flavor! I made it to use in grilled cheese sandwiches using Gouda and tomatoes and they turned out fabulous! The herbs in the bread were so flavorful. I only wish my bread machine could make a larger loaf of this! I will be making this again very soon.