Prep 2 hrs 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This has been a staple in our house for years. Wonderful with a bowl of soup. Prep time includeds time in bread machine and rising times.
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sun-dried tomato
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place water, flour, powdered milk, sugar, salt, butter or margarine, tomatoes, and yeast into bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Set to Dough cycle, and start the machine.
- Dough will be 1/2 pound.
- When the bread machine has finished the Dough cycle, take the dough out.
- Knead for 1 minute by hand.
- Place in an oiled bowl, and turn a few times to coat the surface of the dough.
- Cover with a damp cloth, and let rise for 15 minutes in a warm place.
- Dust a 10 x 15 inch baking tray with cornmeal.
- Roll out dough to fit the pan.
- Make indentations in the dough with your finger tips.
- Brush top surface with oil, and cover with a damp cloth.
- Allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parmesan, rosemary, garlic salt, and mozzarella.
- Bake at 400 degree F for 15 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- Cool slightly, and cut into squares for serving.
Not only is this a very versatile recipe that makes a delicious flatbread, the basic ingredients make a very tasty pizza dough as well. I actually decided to try this recipe as a pizza dough and now I'm never looking back--it makes a great foundation for sauce and the denser toppings of a pizza as well if any of you out there would care to try it, it's worth a shot! A well-deserved 5 stars...thanks for posting, Rhonda! :)
This is FANTASTIC! I could not believe how fast it disappeared at the dinner table! Thanks so much!!!
This was so AWESOME!!! We ate the entire thing for supper. I added some fresh chopped basil, chives, and thyme in the dough along with some minced fresh garlic. Sprinkled some fresh herbs on top with the cheese and left out the garlic salt. Will be making this again very soon! Thank you for a fabulous recipe!!