Recipe by Rhonda_H
This has been a staple in our house for years. Wonderful with a bowl of soup. Prep time includeds time in bread machine and rising times.
Top Review by Noor.Khalid
Not only is this a very versatile recipe that makes a delicious flatbread, the basic ingredients make a very tasty pizza dough as well. I actually decided to try this recipe as a pizza dough and now I'm never looking back--it makes a great foundation for sauce and the denser toppings of a pizza as well if any of you out there would care to try it, it's worth a shot! A well-deserved 5 stars...thanks for posting, Rhonda! :)
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sun-dried tomato
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place water, flour, powdered milk, sugar, salt, butter or margarine, tomatoes, and yeast into bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Set to Dough cycle, and start the machine.
- Dough will be 1/2 pound.
- When the bread machine has finished the Dough cycle, take the dough out.
- Knead for 1 minute by hand.
- Place in an oiled bowl, and turn a few times to coat the surface of the dough.
- Cover with a damp cloth, and let rise for 15 minutes in a warm place.
- Dust a 10 x 15 inch baking tray with cornmeal.
- Roll out dough to fit the pan.
- Make indentations in the dough with your finger tips.
- Brush top surface with oil, and cover with a damp cloth.
- Allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parmesan, rosemary, garlic salt, and mozzarella.
- Bake at 400 degree F for 15 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- Cool slightly, and cut into squares for serving.