Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Adding this into your bread machine flour mix will produce a better textured bread.
Top Review by Bizy_Mum
I use this exactly as written - I have a batch made up that I keep in my freezer at all times to keep it fresh. Like another reviewer, I use only whole wheat flour in any bread recipe, and found that my breads were "heavy" when trying to use a traditional bread recipe. I've been adding wheat gluten to lighten up the recipes, but gluten is EXPENSIVE and rather a pain to use. This enhancer is awesome - gives a GREAT, light texture to the bread - I can use my wheat flour in anything, now. Thank you for sharing this - I can't believe you haven't gotten more raves on this. I bought my lecithin and vitamin C powder from an online vitamin store for an even better value.
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Store in a tightly closed glass jar.
- To use: Add to the breadmaker with the dry ingredients.
- Use the same amount of enhancer as the yeast (example: 1 tsp yeast, use 1 tsp enhancer).
- The lecithin granules, and the vitamin C powder can be purchased at your health food store, or any pharmacy.
- Note: The ginger boosts the yeast, and makes it act more swiftly.
- The ascorbic acid (vitamin C), strengthens the gluten.
- The lecithin granules aids the oil in causing the strands of gluten to slip against each other more easily.
- These three ingredients together, makes for an all around much better texture bread machine bread.
- ***NOTE*** All the ingredients can be purchased at a health food store.