Recipe by riffraff
You may add grated carrots to these for extra nutrition and flavor. These are a great way to control the fat and salt in your dogs diet.
Top Review by Canwi
I left out the yeast after the first batch went funny and would only burn not dry.
Have now made multiple batches for a fund-raiser. Easy to make and the dogs that have tried them cannot get enough of them.
I've substituted Hemp oil (needed to use some up), Parmesan cheese for the garlic (conflicting advice about whether dogs should or shouldn't have garlic) and rolled oats instead of Bulgar (no Bulgar on hand)and the biscuits went down fine style.
- 3⁄4 cup beef stock (chicken or veggie work too)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup bulgur wheat or 1⁄3 cup 7 grain cereal
- 1⁄3 cup natural bran
- 1⁄4 cup dry milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ingredients in bread machine according to manufacturer's directions.
- Press"dough" cycle or mix and kneed like any other dough.
- Prepare cookie sheets by greasing and sprinkling with corn meal.
- When machine beeps, remove dough to lightly floured countertop and with a rolling pin roll dough out to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Using dog bone cookie cutter (or any other favorite shape), cup out dog biscuits.
- Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Re-roll scraps and repeat till all dough is used up.
- Place in warm location and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 30 minutes, until brown and no longer soft.
- Place on rack to cool and store in an airtight container.