Prep 45 mins
Cook 12 mins
Although this is a bread machine, I have made these successfully on my stand mixer using a few amount adjustments --- here is the original bread machine recipe for you to enjoy! It states to select the sweet cycle for this! To bring the egg to room temperature faster place the egg in a cup of warm water for about 3-5 minutes. Prep time is rising time, it does not include the machine kneading time --- for pan greasing see my Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon skim milk powder (can use 2 teaspoons)
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 1⁄4 cups white bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1 egg white (whisked with 1 teaspoon cold water)
- sesame seeds
- Place the ingredients in the bread machine in order listed.
- Select the sweet dough cycle.
- Adjust the water or flour to create a soft semi-sticky dough after about 5 minutes of kneading.
- Grease a large cookie sheet.
- Divide the dough into 12-15 pieces.
- Shape each into a ball, place about 2-inches apart.
- Cover with a clean tea towel and place in a warm spot to rise until doubled (about 45 minutes (the time will vary depending on the temperature of you room).
- Brush the dough balls with egg white mixture, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 12-15 minutes.
Oh how I love this recipe! I had to use my ABM as the stand mixer was otherwise occupied! (Chirstmas Cookies! :) ) This is a wonderfully verisital recipe! I followed the recipe as directed except to add 2 tablespoons of dried minced onions. I made these the size of cocktail buns (qty of 9) to use for sammies with any leftover ham we may have after Christmas. Thank you Kitt! As always a wonderful recipe!
Made these in my Kitchen Aid mixer, I made them oblong so I could use them for sausage onion and pepper rolls....turned out fabulous!
Wonderful dinner rolls that I served with another one of Kitten's great recipes, Kittencal's Salisbury Steak With Mushrooms and Onion Gravy. I did use two teaspoons of powdered milk as one didnt look like enough. The dough seemed perfect to me and rose nicely before baking. Very tasty and easy to make! Made and reviewed for Kittencal's Top 25 Tag Game.