Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Although this is a bread machine, I have made these successfully on my stand mixer using a few amount adjustments --- here is the original bread machine recipe for you to enjoy! It states to select the sweet cycle for this! To bring the egg to room temperature faster place the egg in a cup of warm water for about 3-5 minutes. Prep time is rising time, it does not include the machine kneading time --- for pan greasing see my Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!)
Top Review by kittycatmom
Oh how I love this recipe! I had to use my ABM as the stand mixer was otherwise occupied! (Chirstmas Cookies! :) ) This is a wonderfully verisital recipe! I followed the recipe as directed except to add 2 tablespoons of dried minced onions. I made these the size of cocktail buns (qty of 9) to use for sammies with any leftover ham we may have after Christmas. Thank you Kitt! As always a wonderful recipe!
- 236.59 ml warm water
- 4.92 ml skim milk powder (can use 2 teaspoons)
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 29.58 ml butter, softened
- 768.91 ml white bread flour
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 14.78 ml dry yeast
- 1 egg white (whisked with 1 teaspoon cold water)
- sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the ingredients in the bread machine in order listed.
- Select the sweet dough cycle.
- Adjust the water or flour to create a soft semi-sticky dough after about 5 minutes of kneading.
- Grease a large cookie sheet.
- Divide the dough into 12-15 pieces.
- Shape each into a ball, place about 2-inches apart.
- Cover with a clean tea towel and place in a warm spot to rise until doubled (about 45 minutes (the time will vary depending on the temperature of you room).
- Brush the dough balls with egg white mixture, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 12-15 minutes.