1/2 Photos of Bread Machine Croissants
6 hrs 20 mins
When you get a bread maker you usually get a cookbook to go with it....well this recipe comes from the cookbook my MIL received with her bread maker. I have not tried them yet, but I will be soon. "The longer the dough is refrigerated before the final shaping, the flakier the croissants will be." Cooking time does include chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add ingredients in the order recommended for your bread machine. Use the DOUGH cycle.
- 2When done, remove from bread machine pan and transfer to a greased bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a 15 x 12-inch rectangle.
- 4With the long side towards you, cover 2/3 of the dough with the thin slices of butter.
- 5Fold UNBUTTERED third of dough over the center buttered third, then fold again - over the remaining buttered third.
- 6Seal ends and long side of dough. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 7Place dough on a lightly floured surface with the short side towards you. Roll out into a 15 x 12-inch rectangle.
- 8Fold in thirds, folding from end to end. Place back onto greased cookie sheet, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. The longer the refrigeration time the flakier the croissants.
- 9Place dough on lightly floured surface, with short side towards you. Roll out into a 15 x 12-inch rectangle.
- 10Cut rectangle into thirds, both crosswise and lengthwise. Then cut each section in half diagonally to form 18 triangles.
- 11Roll each triangle up starting at wide end to form crescent shape.
- 12Place croissants on greased cookie sheet, curving ends so they almost touch.
- 13Brush or spray lightly with water. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30-50 min or until double in size.
- 14Brush croissants with slightly beaten egg white. Bake in preheated 375° oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Machine Croissants
Serving Size: 1 (927 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.1
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 26.2 mg
- Sodium 188.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 2.9 g