Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From Betty Crocker "Bread Machine" Booklet. I haven't try this one yet. It is really not Corn bread, but Bread with corn.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup corn
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, chopped
- 3 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Measure carefully, placing all ingredients in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select Basic/White cycle. Use Medium or Light crust color. Do not use delay cycle. Remove baked bread from pan, and cool on wire rack.
This is a great bread...it rose well and has nice texture. We had it tonight with "Easy Turkey Chili Mole from Longmeadow Farm", Easy Turkey Chili Mole along with salad for a nice winter meal. I added a full cup of water and it worked just fine. Thanks for sharing.
This bread is wonderfully flavored. I thought that it has just the right amount of pepper. I used 1 tbsp of pickled jalapenos from a jar. The single short coming in the recipe is written is that I found I needed to add about 1/4 cup more water as it was far to dry with the 3/4 cup. I was concerned that the 1 1/2 tsp of salt may have been too much but it wasn't at all. I used Splenda for the sugar. It's a lovely textured bread with that bit of "grit" from the cornmeal in the soft and fluffy main body of the bread. This will be great with the soup tonight!