This is my family's favorite bread machine recipe. You can bake it in your bread machine but I prefer to do it the way the recipe reads. I don't care for the way my machine bakes bread. Make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature before starting.
- Put ingredients in bread machine according to your machine's manufacturing directions and set the dough cycle.
- When done, remove and seperate into 3 sections.
- Roll each section out like snakes and mesh ends together.
- Braid and press ends together.
- Place in baking dish and allow to rise for 25-30 minutes.
- Brush melted butter or egg white on top after rising.
- Bake at 340 degrees for 30-45 minutes, until top is golden brown.
- If a better crust is wanted: Heat some water in an oven proof container in the microwave until near boiling. Then place water in the oven beside the bread.
Delicious...soft and sweet. Used my bread machine from start to finish, sweet setting, 1.5lb loaf. Took it to work the next day. One coworker said this recipe is a keeper, another came in for seconds and wanted to buy a bread machine based on this bread. Good with butter and honey, and also butter and leftover condensed milk. Delicious.
Great tasting bread and it came out of the oven looking gorgeous.
Beautiful bread. My family thought it needed more salt. Butter and honey a friend made took it to 4 stars. I look forward to experimenting with this recipe!