Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a Betty Crocker recipe that I have been wanting to try. My DH is not a big sweet or breakfast eater, so I am waiting for someone to come visit us....thus giving me an excuse to make these (and not have them go to waste).
- 177.44 ml water
- 78.07 ml butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 709.77 ml bread flour or 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml unsweetened baking cocoa
- 14.78 ml bread machine yeast
- 177.44 ml pecan halves
- 29.58 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, packed
- 59.14 ml corn syrup
CHOCOLATE CHIP FILLING
- 118.29 ml miniature chocolate chip
- 29.58 ml brown sugar, packed
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- Place all of the STICY BUN ingredients -except pecan halves and 2 Tbs butter - in bread machine pan according to your manufacturer.
- Select the Dough cycle. Do not use delay cycle or timer. When done, remove from pan with lightly floured hands and let rest on a lightly floured surface, covered.
- Meanwhile, pour melted butter into ungreased 13x9-inch baking dish. Stir in 1 cup brown sugar and corn syrup. Spread evenly in pan. Sprinkle with pecan halves.
- Roll or pat out dough into a 15x10-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Spread 2 Tbs. butter over dough.
- In a small bowl, mix all of the CHOCOLATE CHIP FILLING ingredients and sprinkle over the butter.
- Roll up dough tightly, beginning at the long side; pinch edge of dough into roll to seal. Stretch and shape roll to make it as even as possible.
- Cut roll into 15 1 inch slices. Place slightly apaprt in pan. Cover and let rise in warm place about 30 min or until doubled. (Dough is ready when an indentation remains when touched.).
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Bake 30-35 min or until dark brown.
- Immediately turn pan upside down onto heatproof serving platter. Let pan remain over buns 1 min; remove pan.
- Let cool and enjoy!
I made these for work and they were a big hit. Yummy!!
I just tried making these - the dough bogged down my machine so I had to add a bit more flour- but they came out quite nice. They are very sweet and rich. Great as a special treat for the kids!