Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
This is a Betty Crocker recipe that I have been wanting to try. My DH is not a big sweet or breakfast eater, so I am waiting for someone to come visit us....thus giving me an excuse to make these (and not have them go to waste).
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour or 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 3 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 3⁄4 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
CHOCOLATE CHIP FILLING
- 1⁄2 cup miniature chocolate chip
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place all of the STICY BUN ingredients -except pecan halves and 2 Tbs butter - in bread machine pan according to your manufacturer.
- Select the Dough cycle. Do not use delay cycle or timer. When done, remove from pan with lightly floured hands and let rest on a lightly floured surface, covered.
- Meanwhile, pour melted butter into ungreased 13x9-inch baking dish. Stir in 1 cup brown sugar and corn syrup. Spread evenly in pan. Sprinkle with pecan halves.
- Roll or pat out dough into a 15x10-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Spread 2 Tbs. butter over dough.
- In a small bowl, mix all of the CHOCOLATE CHIP FILLING ingredients and sprinkle over the butter.
- Roll up dough tightly, beginning at the long side; pinch edge of dough into roll to seal. Stretch and shape roll to make it as even as possible.
- Cut roll into 15 1 inch slices. Place slightly apaprt in pan. Cover and let rise in warm place about 30 min or until doubled. (Dough is ready when an indentation remains when touched.).
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Bake 30-35 min or until dark brown.
- Immediately turn pan upside down onto heatproof serving platter. Let pan remain over buns 1 min; remove pan.
- Let cool and enjoy!