- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 cups white flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil leaves (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fried crisp bacon
- 1 teaspoon bread machine yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Select loaf size and add the ingredients according to manufacturer's directions.
- Select dough cycle.
- When dough is complete, remove to floured surface.
- Cover with plastic wrap: let rest 5 minutes.
- Shape the dough into a loaf of four balls.
- Place in a greased 23 cm by 12 cm loaf pan.
- Cover with a tea towel and let rise in the warm place until doubled (50 to 60 minutes depending).
- Bake at 190 degrees Celsius, 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 35 minutes, or until golden.
- Use old cheddar for best flavor, or replace basil with dill weed for more great taste.