1/3 Photos of Bread Machine Challah
1 hr 30 mins
I pretty much developed this recipe on my own. I fiddled and tweaked for months until I got it just right. It is just scrumptious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all ingredients in the bread machine in the order required by your machine and set it for dough cycle.
- 2After the dough cycle finishes, take out the dough and divide into 4-5 pieces.
- 3Divide each piece into 3-6 ropes and braid to make 4-5 challahs.
- 4Preheat the oven to 350.
- 5Place challahs on a lined baking sheet and cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- 6Brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds or poppy seeds if desired.
- 7Bake for 30 minutes or until they sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Machine Challah
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 676.4
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 171.0 mg
- Sodium 464.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 25.3 g
- Protein 16.0 g