Cook1 hr 30 mins
I pretty much developed this recipe on my own. I fiddled and tweaked for months until I got it just right. It is just scrumptious.
- Place all ingredients in the bread machine in the order required by your machine and set it for dough cycle.
- After the dough cycle finishes, take out the dough and divide into 4-5 pieces.
- Divide each piece into 3-6 ropes and braid to make 4-5 challahs.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Place challahs on a lined baking sheet and cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds or poppy seeds if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until they sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.