Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a light buttermilk bread that rises well and has a really nice crust. I have made it many times and never had a loaf to fail. The dough is soft. It can be mixed up in the bread machine and baked in a conventional oven as well. 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil or 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fast rising yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- Put all ingredients in bread machine according to manufacturer instructions for your brand of bread machine.
- I warm the milk in the microwave for 30 sec. then stir the beaten egg into the buttermilk. This helps with rising.
- Using butter makes a nice buttery crust.
- Can be stirred up in the bread machine and baked in a conventional oven at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- For Cinnamon bread add 1 1/2 to 2 teas. Cinnamon. This makes really good french toast.
I just made this loaf, very soft and tasty. Next time I think I will make it as buns.