Prep 3 hrs
Cook 20 mins
I recently made this for the first time in my new bread machine. I found the recipe in a bread machine cookbook I bought at the goodwill. The author said that she liked it cold but I prefer it hot from the oven and smothered in butter. The dough is a bit sticky, I suggest buttering your hands first before shaping. The bread machine mixes the dough, you do the rest.
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Set your bread machine to the dough cycle. Add all ingredients except the topping ingredients in the order called for by your machine.
- When the dough is ready , remove from machine and divide into 12 equal size balls. Take a small amount of dough from each ball and make a smaller ball.
- Grease or butter a muffin tin and place 1 large ball in each cup. Make a valley in the center of each and put a small ball in each depression.
- Cover with a dish cloth and let rise for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly beat 1 egg with 1 teaspoon sugar and lightly brush each brioche.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.