1/2 Photos of Bread Machine Breadsticks
2 hrs 15 mins
The machine does the hard work and the shaping and baking in the oven is easy with this dough. Add your own toppings like dried onion bits if you like, but I like to top with kosher salt to bake and serve them with a roasted garlic butter. From The Bread Machine Cookbook by Donna Rathwell German.
My Private Note
large b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add ingredients into your bread machine in the order given, excluding the egg white and water (glaze ingredients).
- 2Start machine on dough cycle.
- 3When the dough is ready turn out onto your countertop. You shouldn't need much flour.
- 4Cut dough into pieces the size of an egg and roll and stretch with your hands into 6 to 8 inch ropes. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 5Cover with a tea towel and let rise 20 minutes.
- 6Mix the egg white and Tbsp water to make a glaze and brush over the breadsticks after they are risen. Add kosher salt, sesame seeds, or other toppings if you like.
- 7Bake at 400 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
- 8Time includes the 2 hour dough cycle.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Machine Breadsticks
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.3
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.9 mg
- Sodium 229.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 3.6 g