Recipe by Axe
I've been finding that making bread bowls can be tricky because if you let them rise too long, they tend to flatten out. Try to stick to the timing as best you can. Use the 2lb. setting on your machine if you have the option.
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 active dry yeast, packages
- 1 egg white, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Place everything but the egg white in your bread machine in the order that your manufacturer recommends.
- Use dough cycle.
- When the cycle is complete, turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 6 equal portions and shape into balls.
- Place the 6 balls onto a greased cookie sheet and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Brush with beaten egg white.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Once done, you can cut the top off and scoop out the center leaving about 1/4 inch on all sides.