Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I created this recipe after reviewing many olive bread recipes. The olives, rosemary and basil release a wonderful aroma while the bread is baking and the aroma and flavor carries through to the finished product. The green olives and olive brine also really bring the olive taste through in the finished bread. This bread is great for use with dips.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup reserved juices (brine from green olives)
- 1 1⁄3 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried leaf basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons bread machine yeast (or 1 packet)
- 1⁄3 cup black olives, drained, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup green olives, drained, sliced (pimento stuffed olives ok)
- Mix the olive brine (reserved juices from green olives) with the 1 1/3 cups of warm water.
- Add all ingredients (except for the sliced olives) into the bread machine in the order given, or as recommended in you bread machine manual.
- Select Basic or White Bread setting; 2-lb loaf; medium crust.
- If required, add more water or flour, a tablespoon at a time, to form a firm, slightly sticky, non-crumbly ball of dough.
- Add the sliced olives at the beep.
- Makes one 2-lb loaf of olive bread.