Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
First made in August, 2003. Absolutely the best pizza dough I've ever made. I made calzones for the first time with this. I like to add sugar to the dough or maybe garlic or some other spice for added flavor. Even cheese is great!
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal, for dusting
- Put machine on the dough cycle.
- Whatever you decide to make- bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
I make pizza at least once a week with this recipe and it's fantastic. I roll the dough out on my pizza stone, pierce it with a fork and bake at 500 degrees for 8 minutes. I then remove it from the oven and put the toppings on, return to oven on a higher shelf and bake another 8 minutes. Perfect every time! Wonderful crust!!!!
I couldn't find my regular recipe and tried this one. If I make it again, I'll add at least 50% more salt to the recipe. Also, I used wheat flour for 1/3 of the flour. Thanks.
a great recipe and makes a terrific crust on the bottom