1/1 Photo of Bread Machine Bagels
mary winecoff's Note:
The boys like to help me shape the bagels. We come up with quite a few unusual shapes. These are quick and easy. We toast them and serve them for breakfast with cream cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/8 cups lukewarm water
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour
- 3 1/3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast (1 packet)
- 1Measure first 5 ingredients into bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- 2Select dough setting.
- 3When cycle is completed, remove the dough from the machine.
- 4Place dough on a floured surface.
- 5Divide into 10 parts.
- 6Form into balls, gently press thumb through center of ball and slowly stretch into bagel shape.
- 7Place on a greased baking sheet, cover with a damp cloth and set in a warm place to rise.
- 8Bring three quarts of water and one tablespoon of sugar to a rapid boil in a large sauce pan.
- 9Using a slotted spoon, drop 2 to 3 bagels into rapidly boiling water.
- 10Boil on each side for 1 to 2 minutes.
- 11Remove and cool on wire rack 1 minute.
- 12Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds, if desired.
- 13Bake at 400 degrees on a baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal until golden.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Machine Bagels
Serving Size: 1 (854 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.6
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 18.6 mg
- Sodium 244.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 6.2 g