Recipe by Cookin' Mommy
This is a hearty bread that is low in fat and a good source of iron and fiber. To achieve the best results make sure all ingredients are at room temperature. Recipe adapted from KraftFood's website.
Top Review by cabelson5121
I made this last night so we would have breakfast for the rest of the week. I followed the directions exactly, except I added truvia instead of brown sugar and I put in about 3 dozen blueberries. I came out light and tasty! My husband loved it with some almond butter. I would have prefered it was a bit sweeter, so next time I may add some more truvia.
- 1 cup water, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups grain cereal, POST SELECTS GREAT GRAINS
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast