Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My Mom found this recipe somewhere and it as a family favorite. Put it in a zip bag and it will keep for a week. Our favorite way to serve this is warm with butter.
- Cut butter into pieces and let soften at room temperature.
- Beat eggs lightly.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add softened butter to bread machine bowl.
- Add eggs to bread machine bowl.
- Add flour mixture to bread machine bowl.
- Add sugar to bread machine bowl.
- Add vanilla to bread machine bowl.
- Use the quick bread mode on your bread machine to make the bread.
Very nice quick bread recipe. Similar in taste to pound cake but not as dense. Worked perfectly in my bread machine on quick bread setting. Would be really good with a fresh fruit topping and whipped cream or just as it is. Made for Spring PAC, March, 2013.