Recipe by Leptons
This is great bread for making toast and dunking in coffee. It is also great for making French toast.
Top Review by live_freely
This bread is great! The loaf is so soft and not nearly as dense as other recipes I've tried. It makes great toast too like the description says :) This is now my go-to bread recipe, I make it twice a week!
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure and add liquid ingredients to the baking pan.
- Measure and add dry ingredients (except yeast) to the baking pan.
- Sprinkle the yeast on top of the flour.
- Snap the baking pan into the breadmaker and close the lid.
- Choose the "Basic" setting.
- Choose the "Light" crust color setting.
- Press start.
- Remove the baking pan after about 55 minutes of the baking period.
- Gently shake the bread loaf out of the baking pan onto a cooling rack.
- If necessary, remove the kneading blade from the loaf. Be careful, it is hot!
- Set the loaf upright, cover with a dishtowel and let cool for 20 minutes.