Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 7 slices sweet bread
- 1⁄2 liter milk
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- oil (for deep frying)
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- cashew nuts (for garnishing)
- pistachios (for garnishing)
- almonds (for garnishing)
- Remove bread crusts from bread slices.
- Cut into medium size squares.
- Deep fry the slices in hot oil till golden brown on both sides.
- Soak the slices in milk for half an hour.
- Heat a heavy bottomed vessel.
- Add the soaked bread slices, sugar, cream and cocoa powder.
- Keep stirring till it reaches halwa consistency.
- Add ghee at the end just before removing from flame.
- Garnish with the fried nuts.
- Serve hot.